James Reinhold 2TC
Felix Rentschler 3TC
Mike Rogan 3TC
Andrew Steglemann 3TC
Mark Steglemann 3TC
Manny Trujillo CC 3TC
Pete Violet CC 3TC

Mark Goldstein 1TC (Out)
Last edited by petev on Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:50 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Pete Violet
Borderland Billygoats

Post Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:04 am

2011-2012 team roster:

Bob Baker
Julian Birch
Laura Castanon
Ira Divoll
Kevin Fanning
Tom Fisher
Jon Gerry - Co-Capt
Mark Goldstein
Chris Gortze
Ben Kirby
Joe Lepro
Chad Miller
Will Raich
Felix Rentsler
Mike Rogan
Paul Southard
Kidd Steglemann
Mark Steglemann
Manny Trujillo - Co-Capt
Pete Violet - Co-Capt
Pete Violet
Borderland Billygoats

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:06 pm

I'd like to throw my name into the ring for the B2 tryouts!!!

:D
Manuel Trujillo
BORDERLAND(II) BOMBERS - "Bringing My C- Game to the B Pool!"
Don't forget to read BASKET CASES!!!
https://www.facebook.com/BasketCasesDG

Post Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:44 pm

Hey guys and gals, I'm hoping to join this team, and I'm looking to see if any current B2 team players is gonna play two round at Borderland tomorrow afternoon.

I got myself back in the game for about two years, after taking a 5 years hiatus. Am pretty active with the New England Deaf DG scene and would love to extend my playing skills. I can hear and talk very clearly.
I'm 5'9 , 230 lbs and love to throw Kings, Lace and Valk!

Post Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:01 am

Hi,

You may have better luck finding current members to try out with on the NEFA forum. I am not sure how many members check here often.
Co Capt of Bombers since 2012

Post Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:42 pm

just saw bombers posted roster in the roster section!
looks freakin good!
-Jaxon
Chainsbury (formerly the Chainsbury Hawks)
http://dgsquared.com

Post Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:18 am

Hi All - Please see below for information regarding the Borderland Bombers 2014-2015 Team Challenge Tryout:

For the 2014 – 2015 season of team challenge, we are organizing open tryouts to fill the 20 person Borderland Bombers roster. The final roster will be comprised of the top 15 scoring men, one roster spot for women, and there will be 4 alternate team positions. Note that there is no limit to the number of women that the team may carry, and there is a minimum of one roster spot for team challenge.

Tryouts will run from June 22 – Borderland Fall Finale (date TBD; last year’s was held 9/22/13).
The format will be an average of your best 8 rounds:
• 2 rounds White to White
• 2 rounds White to Blue
• 2 rounds Blue to White
• 2 rounds Blue to Blue

To begin, you will need to submit a score for each of the four layouts (W-W, W-B, B-W, B-B). Once all four layouts have one score submitted, you may begin submitting second scores in any order, with no restrictions on the number of submissions or the order of submissions. Starting with your third submitted score for any layout, you can start dropping higher scores.

An example, for clarity:
Submit 4 scores; 1 for each layout: (e.g. 53 W-W, 60 W-B, 58 B-W, 71 B-B)
Then you play W-B twice in a day, shooting 59 and 58. You now have counted scores of:
W-W 53
W-B 58, 59
B-W 58
B-B 71
In the example above, you will need to keep playing different layouts until you have 2 submitted scores for each layout (so you would need to submit 3 more scores; 1 W-W, 1 B-W, 1 B-B).

Realizing that this will require a lot of rounds, we are proposing certain “double points” matches to be played at Borderland between now and September. These events will be announced in advance, and will include a two rounds; first round will be on one of the four layouts, and the second on a different layout. For anyone that would like to submit scores from these double points events, the score will be counted twice. Should you not have all four layouts submitted, we will put the second score on hold until you have all four layouts submitted. Once all four layouts have a submitted score, the second round will be credited.

The first double points round will occur 6/28/14 at 9am, and the layouts will be the White Tee Layouts (W-W and W-B).

Some additional submission and tryout rules:
Rounds must be played with a minimum of three people on the card for submission, and one of which must be a Borderland Bomber Alumni.
Submission should occur no more than 3 days after the round (i.e. on September 1, don’t submit a round from July).
You need to be a 2014 Borderland tag holder by the end of the tryout season to join the team.

Should there be enough interest, there is potential for a third Borderland team this year that would participate in the “C” pool. For anyone that does not ultimately make the Bombers, there would be a need for captains of a third Borderland team, and to finalize that roster. Depending on the level of interest, it is possible that everyone that tries out for team challenge will make it onto one team or another.

Should you have any questions or want any further details, please feel free to reach out to either Tom Fisher, or myself (Ira Divoll) via a personal message on NEFA, and we will get back to you straight away. There is also a facebook site for the “Borderland Bombers Disc Golf Team” that we recommend you friend for tryout communications. For any Bomber Alumni, please try to post when you are playing so that those wishing to try out can try to join and get their rounds in.

Return to 2013-14