Board index Ideas and Suggestions 2012-13 Declaring layouts in advance

Declaring layouts in advance

Previous Season Stuff

Moderator: Todd Lapham

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:23 pm

I think we should consider teams having to declare layouts in advance. So many courses now have multiple tees, multiple baskets - shoot, some courses have multiple 18 hole layouts. Some teams have more than 1 course they use. Looking at A pool results from this year, only 5 matches were won on the road, Wick doing it twice.

My proposal is the away team should know exactly what layouts they are playing for singles and doubles maybe a week in advance of the challenge. We ran in to a few events that the home captain changed his mind mid match and changed the layout. Point is, the away team is at enough of a disadvantage, let's allow them to at least prepare for a known quantity. Discuss.
Eric Kretschmar
Team Crane Hill captain

Post Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:11 am

Ok, but should the home team be forced to disclose which layout they are playing singles and dubz?

I think the whole idea of this is to allow away teams to scout the course, amirite? If so, the alt layout should be from tees that can be identified and located. Or if not, home teams should provide a guide to walk the scouts through the course and show them the tees they will be playing from. :lol:

I'm all for allowing any teams to know which courses we are playing, and where the tees are. If we had that advantage, we would have been 5-1 this year. Suck it Solbo.

Post Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:49 am

Exactly toothy, at least in A pool, there is already enough advantage for the home team, us included. Allowing proper scouting of a known quantity would be nice. I don't think it matters if the home team discloses which layout will be played during which round, just that it will be played. It isn't a rediculous idea to allow the away team to actually play the course in advance, knowing it's a layout that will be used during the challenge. The most fun challenges are the battles, independent of the outcome. I would rather go 0-6 with all matches decided by a match or 2, then 3-3 having won 20-6, 22.5 to 7.5, etc. Crane is guilty of this also with our home matches, and I just don't think it's necessary.
Eric Kretschmar
Team Crane Hill captain

Post Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:03 am

kretschy wrote:
22.5 to 7.5

:shock: :roll: :lol: ;) :D :oops: :| :ugeek:

Post Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:05 am

Had you asked, I would have told you which courses we were playing btw

Post Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:54 am

Yeah I figured that toothy, you are a pretty stand up. My guys were already at the course and were told by the owner the Grizzley was unplayable, so they assumed we would be playing black bear both rounds (there goes that damn assume word, always gets everyone in trouble). It wouldn't of changed anything, shoot you guys all lit up dubs on the course they did practice on. It only made me realize we didn't know or ask in advance and you didn't have to tell us (as of current rules) if we did.
Eric Kretschmar
Team Crane Hill captain

Post Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:12 pm

That's fine. I'm with ya on your initial suggestion. Let's see if we can lobby some other Captains and secure some votes for our preseason discussions.

Post Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:51 pm

I don't think it should have to be told what course layout you are gonna play. It's just another excuse to why you lost. Just go play. It comes down to your shot making. You are all still playing the same layout :roll:

Post Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:48 am

I think the courses should be declared a week prior to the challenge. Which layouts will be played do not really need to be disclosed. I think layout selection is part of the strategy for both teams. But the courses should at least be agreed upon so that players can go check things out.
NASA

Post Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:48 pm

Great... more "alternate" "tees" :lol: :roll:

Return to 2012-13