Board index Team Challenge History Broom Jobs

Broom Jobs

Past champions, schedules and results.

Moderator: Todd Lapham

Post Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:26 am

Has there ever been a straight up sweep in the history of team challenge? Team shows up and loses every match all day?

The season isn't over yet... :wink:
Team BUFF

Classy.

Post Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:46 am

Going back to the days of one pool, yes. In the current format, I don't think so.
Luke Adolph
Team Devens Co-Captain

Post Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:48 am

We lost to Maine (at Maine) in str8 sets our first year. It was the one pool method, I think we had 8 teams.
Steve Dakai
CWT
B Pool for Life...

Post Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:14 pm

Yeah, we rolled in with:

Dewey
Cheef
Chuck
Jesse
AJ
Emma
Aucoin
Maybe an 8th?

We lost all of our matches, both rounds.

Post Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:05 pm

Heaton too
Steve Dakai
CWT
B Pool for Life...

Post Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:55 pm

No kiddin'? Heaton? I don't even remember who I played with that day...maybe Jesse. Regardless, we ate well and played like crap.

Post Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:35 pm

If I remember correctly...Captain Jesse decided to sit Heaton because he felt like "He was on FIRE" that day. I was in the hospital getting updates... and glad I was not there!!!
Steve Dakai
CWT
B Pool for Life...

Post Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:31 pm

So it sounds like it was a memorable experience for you guys. Which is good. Something to look back on. Are you following along, Titan? ;)
Team BUFF

Classy.

Post Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:21 pm

Soooooo fucking close today....
Team Maple Hill

Post Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:08 am

worm wrote:
Soooooo fucking close today....

Act like you've been there before. Did you ever see Bobby Orr score a goal? See how he acted after? You guys are a great team and obv you know it ;) Always rooting for Buff, but I'm pretty psyched for that dude or chick who halved their match in the AM.
Juff Borrews
Maple Blues

Post Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:07 pm

Jeff, you remember the time some team beat the Bruins early in the season, but then that other team wasn't going to make the playoffs, so the other team came up with another format for the playoffs half way through the season that would allow them to make the playoffs?

What would Bobby Orr say about that?
Team BUFF

Classy.

Post Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:12 am

kinda a stretch on that one bro.
Nice match for you fellas. As I said, always rooting for my team Buff buds. Your team is awesome. Just no reason to brag on the internet and make a team look bad after you thrash them. Wouldn't have thought twice if it was a Tim Carter post, but Worm? Man he disappointed me with that one :D
Juff Borrews
Maple Blues

Post Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:09 pm

Stretch? Stretch? You guys introduced a new idea for finals that would basically assure you make it, and under every other option it would be a... Stretch. ;) bobby would be ashamed.

In no way did we trash D2. We enjoyed playing with those guys and have nothing bad to say (and have said nothing bad) about them. Now some of us are routing for them to take down the wookies of WebDA.

Good luck with your winter sports decathalon. Hope you end up in better than fifth place.
Team BUFF

Classy.

Return to Team Challenge History